ROBERTLEACH.CO.UK

Local Councillor

From 1999 to 2011, Robert was elected a borough councillor in Epsom and Ewell for his local Residents Association. In his last election in 2007, he secured 71% of the vote, leaving just 29% for the three main political parties.

For 14 months, he was chairman of the ruling group, the nearest equivalent to leader of the council. He was also chairman of the planning committee for four years, and chaired many local licensing appeals.

For ten years, Robert was a governor at the infants school which he attended many decades previously. For eight years, he was a trustee of Epsom Parochial Charities which owned and ran almshouses and made grants to meet otherwise unsatisfied local need.

Comments are closed.